Greenhouse, Energy and Emissions
Umwelt can assist organisations comply with their National Greenhouse Energy Reporting System (NGERS) and National Pollutant Inventory (NPI) requirements. Umwelt has managed NGERS data review and OSCAR upload processes for over 130 facilities across NSW, Queensland and Western Australia. Umwelt has also completed over 50 NPI reports for large complex mining and processing facilities.
Umwelt has significant experience in preparing greenhouse gas impact assessments for the Environment Assessment process. We have prepared green house gas impact assessments and green house gas inventories for government, mining and resources, infrastructure, agricultural and manufacturing clients.
Our approach to assessment, reporting and mitigation is built on practical experience, a strong affiliation with the sectors we service and a constant dialogue with policy makers, the scientific community and developers of clean technology.
Assessment and planning
Umwelt can assist organisations gain project approval and develop management plans to mitigate greenhouse gas impacts. Specific services include:
- preparing specialist greenhouse gas impact assessments for major development approval;
- developing plans to manage carbon liabilities;
- preparing greenhouse gas mitigation plans;
- designing evidence based greenhouse gas reduction targets;
- engineering systems to improve resource and energy efficiency;
- evaluating the feasibility of clean technology;
- preparing carbon offset strategies;
- completing pre-feasibility assessments for Carbon Farming Initiative (CFI) projects; and
- managing the approval process for CFI projects.
Reporting and verification
Umwelt can assist clients meet comprehensive environmental reporting requirements. Specific services include:
- preparing and verifying data for NGERS reporting, which can include;
- completing uncertainty analysis for Method 4 activity data;
- designing and evaluating NGERS reporting systems;
- preparing and verifying NPI reports;
- preparing and verifying greenhouse gas inventories for products, organisations and communities;
- measuring and reporting energy consumption and efficiency.
Advice on government and corporate programs, systems, schemes and initiatives
Umwelt is well connected and up-to-date within the energy and emissions sectors and can brief management and stakeholders on emerging greenhouse gas initiatives, specific environmental technical issues and new statutory requirements. Specific services include:
- explaining obligations under NGERS;
- outlining the costs and requirements associated with the Carbon Pricing Mechanism;
- identifying opportunities under the Carbon Farming Initiative;
- identifying opportunities under climate change programs; and
- designing and delivering sustainability training.