Contractor Environmental Site Representative for Wyong Road intersection upgrade at Enterprise Drive
In 2016 Umwelt provided a contractor Environmental Site Representative (ESR) to BMD Constructions, the principal contractor for a $28 million Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) Upgrade Project. Umwelt was approved by RMS to provide environment and community services including:
- Monitor and review compliance to RMS specifications and guidelines.
- Undertake environmental inspections.
- Implement the site’s Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) and associated management plans.
- Undertake environmental monitoring in accordance with the CEMP, relevant management plans and RMS specifications.
- Develop and regularly update the Erosion and Sediment Control Plans (ESCPs).
- Overall responsibility for the establishment, management and maintenance of erosion and sediment controls across the site.
- Liaise with RMS and relevant authorities on environmental and community matters.
- Act as the site’s community liaison representative and distribute community notifications and project updates as required.