Senior Environmental Engineer (Water) (contract – up to 6 months full time)
Umwelt (Australia) Pty Limited is a leading consultancy that is committed to delivering high quality integrated environmental and social consulting services, tailored to the needs of our regional, national and international clients. We are committed to providing a workplace that enables inspired people and dedicated teams to achieve innovative and quality outcomes. Our Engineering team provides services and advice in a wide range of water resource management and engineering fields. These include studies to define baseline conditions for water flows/volumes and quality, conceptual design of water management systems, water balances, flood mitigation/protection works, and assessment and management of impacts on water resources. Our projects range in size from small to large scale investigations, assessment and planning projects for mining, quarrying, industrial, urban and infrastructure development for both public and private sector clients.
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Environmental Engineer (Water) working from our Newcastle (Teralba) Office and providing delivery of water engineering projects. This work will include project scoping, data analysis, modelling, investigations, concept design, impact assessment and report writing to a high standard. The successful applicant will be a ‘self-starter’, with the ability to seek out relevant data and other information required for effective project work and reporting.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Senior Environmental Engineer who has:
- Degree in civil or environmental engineering or other relevant degree
- Eligible for membership of Engineers Australia
- Previous relevant working experience (7 to 12 years)
- Demonstrated experience of:
- Strong hydrodynamic modelling skills
- Strong skills in critically reviewing water engineering calculations, models and reports
- Strong data analysis and investigation skills
- Able to prepare robust and defendable engineering reports
- Strong client and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the resources, infrastructure or industry sectors, in a consulting role
- Sound commitment to workplace health and safety requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work within budget and meet deadlines
- Proven business development experience
- Excellent knowledge of NSW and Commonwealth legislation
- Experience working elsewhere in Australia, particularly ACT and/or Queensland;
So if you are a team player and you are looking to engage with a team of professionals that thrives on challenges, and have the ability to think laterally with a client, stakeholders and quality focus, we invite you to apply to join our team. An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be negotiated.
Further information about Umwelt can be found on our website. Please feel free to call should you have any questions, otherwise please address the essential and desirable criteria, include your CV and email your application to HR Advisor – Maren Costello – firstname.lastname@example.org or 024950 5322.
Application closes Sunday, 24 May 2015.