As a trusted advisor, to industry and government, Umwelt’s evidence-based experience supports the development, implementation and further review and improvement of regulation and policy by local, state / territory and Commonwealth governments across the nation.
Trusted advisors to both the public and private sectors
Our insights also enable our corporate clients to understand the business implications of policy and regulation on their projects and operations; with our team engaged to add value as part of the development, implementation and review of both internal company and government policy and frameworks.
Supported policy development and refinement at all levels of government
Our services include guidance and expert support relating to:
- Statutory and policy requirements for both public and private sector proponents and projects
- Interaction of statutory frameworks across multiple levels of government
- Strategic assessments to inform policy and planning
- Development consents, approvals, licences, and permits, including extensive expertise in major projects and strategic assessments
- Effectiveness and efficiency of regulatory frameworks
- Development of environmental and social standards, guidelines, policies, and programs
- Implications of new regulation and policy for differing market sectors including urban development, mining and extractive industries, infrastructure, and renewable energy
- Regulatory compliance and audit processes
- Technical implications of policy or regulation that require innovative responses, including science, engineering, and social and economic aspects.
- Community engagement to support policy development, implementation, and evaluation.
For further information on our policy and regulation services, please contact:
Barbara Crossley, Managing Director – firstname.lastname@example.org