Environmental Auditing and Compliance
Effective environmental compliance management is a critical component of good business. Our compliance management systems identify and address environmental issues in a practical way, to meet operational needs, demonstrate a focus on relevant statutory requirements and facilitate real improvements in environmental performance, community relations and business outcomes. We work with clients to tailor compliance management systems that complement on-site and corporate management programs.
We also assist clients to measure their performance through the completion of focussed environmental audits. We understand that being the subject of an audit can be a challenge for any organisation, however Umwelt’s experienced and accredited audit team can guide you through the process to provide meaningful and useful outcomes.
We can apply our compliance and audit skills to many sectors and have worked for clients in the following sectors:
- Public infrastructure;
- Resources and energy including coal, mineral sand, metaliferous and extractive industries;
- Educational and commercial industries;
- Natural resource management;
- Industry including pulp and paper, chemical, aerospace and biomedical; and
Umwelt provides a range of audit services:
- Due diligence audits including major corporate acquisitions and divestments;
- Environmental management system audits;
- Environmental operational performance audits;
- Environmental statutory/compliance audits including for state and Commonwealth government;
- Issue specific environmental audits, for example, biodiversity, cultural heritage, noise or rehabilitation audits.
We help our clients understand their level of compliance, manage risk and identify opportunities for improvement.
Contact us about your project today and see what our team of experts can do for you.