Environmental Management Plans
The team at Umwelt has the analytical, technical and liaison skills that enable us to assist clients in the development of EMPs for any environmental issue. Our integrated and practical approach can be applied to all industries and in all environmental contexts.
Umwelt adopts a similar approach to the development of Environmental Management Plans (EMPs) as to the development of Environmental Management Systems. Our aim is to develop EMPs, policies, procedures and standards that are useful and workable, not just documents that sit on a shelf.
In the development of EMPs we ensure that all statutory and operational requirements are included and that the EMP is integrated into the rest of the site EMS and forms part of normal business operations.
Our EMPs clearly state what environmental controls are required to achieve the intended outcome, who is responsible for implementation, by when, and how performance is to be monitored and reviewed. We work closely with our clients to ensure the EMP is applicable, able to be effectively implemented and value adding.
Our management plan experience includes the following issues:
- soil and water management;
- erosion control;
- Mining Operations Plans and Subsidence Management Plans;
- Mine Closure Plans and mine rehabilitation;
- Aboriginal and European cultural heritage protection and conservation;
- community consultation and involvement;
- flora and fauna management including threatened species management and biodiversity offset programs;
- Conservation Agreements;
- foreshore and riparian zone management;
- energy efficiency;
- noise and air quality management; and
- construction and operational phase management.