Environmental Management Systems
Umwelt has achieved excellent results in the development of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) that are tailored to our clients’ needs while meeting ISO14001 and specific corporate requirements.
We have a number of staff who have extensive practical experience in industry and in the hands on development, and importantly, the implementation of EMS on the ground.
This enables us to assist our clients to develop practical EMS that are not only easily integrated into existing site systems but also provide for real improvements to environmental management.
Our aim is to integrate the EMS as much as possible into our clients’ business so that it is not just another onerous system that needs to be maintained, but becomes a tool to assist with efficient and effective environmental management.
Our experience includes the development of an EMS for a major mining operation from first principles to accreditation to ISO14001. This included facilitation of the implementation phase involving training of over 300 employees from senior management to operator level and completion of progress audits.
We have developed a number of EMS at both the corporate and operational level for clients in the mining industry, for major educational providers and for service providers in the energy and transport sectors.
We also provide extensive support for the ongoing implementation and maintenance of EMS including:
- environmental risk assessment;
- environmental policies, procedures (system and operational), protocols and standards;
- environmental training – in implementing the EMS and on specific technical issues to achieve compliance;
- environmental reporting;
- Environmental Management Plans required by development consents and for operational control;
- facilitation of EMS review and assistance with continuous improvement programs;
- ongoing auditing including pre certification audits; and
- incident investigation.