To discuss the role and/or the organisation you can contact Umwelt on
Umwelt offers the experience and insight gained from more than 5000 projects.
Umwelt’s growth and success is attributable to one key factor – our people! We invest highly in professional development and allow the opportunity for each employee to provide feedback in the direction of our business.
As experts in a variety of environmental disciplines, we are committed to collaborate in a workplace enabling inspired, innovative and cutting-edge solutions.
We have an excellent track record for successfully managing complex multidisciplinary and specialist studies for major strategic and development projects.
Although we have grown considerably over the last few years, Umwelt prides itself on the fact that we have been able to maintain a “small company feel” as well as a very positive and cooperative culture amongst our employees.
The advantage of choosing a career with Umwelt is best summarised by the feedback received at a recent staff development day:
- high ethics / morals / standards;
- diversity of work both in scale and complexity;
- good reputation;
- flexible work conditions;
- work opportunities at regional, state, national and international levels;
- supportive and friendly environment;
- good staff interaction at social events and use of on-site gym facilities;
- considerate leave entitlements (including parental leave); and
- access to Company Directors.
For any enquiries on the following current position, please contact Bianca Lockett on (02) 49 505 322 or email on email@example.com or, apply directly through SEEK.
Title: Senior Ecologist – Full-time
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Title: Experienced Botanist or Ecologist
Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter, NSWong>
A great opportunity for an experienced Botanist or Ecologist who is looking to progress their career working with one of the largest BAM accredited teams in NSW.
- Vibrant team culture
- Strong project diversity
- Employee ownership opportunities
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Botanist or Ecologist who is looking to progress their career in ecological consulting. Our ideal candidate would have previous experience as an ecological consultant, would enjoy dealing with clients and managing projects, and would have high level vegetation survey and mapping skills. The successful applicant will be focused on delivering high quality project outcomes.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic experienced Botanist or Ecologist who has:
- Sound technical ecological and project management skills including experience delivering ecological assessment and management projects in NSW
- Demonstrated extensive experience in planning and undertaking ecological surveys, particularly flora survey and assessment and vegetation mapping
- Experience in developing and maintaining positive relationships with a range of stakeholders including peers, clients and government agencies
- Highly motivated, self-directed and strong team commitment
Previous experience in or accreditation under the NSW Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM) and/or Biobanking methodology would be highly regarded.
What we offer:
- A genuine career role for an experienced and enthusiastic Ecological professional looking to continue to develop their leadership skills and experience
- A role working alongside well-recognised professionals with one of the largest BAM accredited teams in NSW and the opportunity to mentor staff members
- A strong forward work load across a range of sectors and the opportunity to work on a range of diverse and technically challenging projects
- An attractive remuneration package.
We are a leading environmental and social consultancy committed to delivering high quality services, tailored to the needs of our regional, national and international clients. Our skilled team works across Australia in sectors including resources, Defence, infrastructure, government, industry and renewables. To learn more about what we do go to: www.umwelt.com.au
Our people are our number one asset and we are committed to providing a flexible workplace that supports our team to grow.
If you believe you meet the criteria, apply via SEEK by submitting your Covering Letter addressing how you meet the above essential criteria and your CV outlining your previous experience.
To discuss the role and/or the organisation you can contact Bianca Lockett on 02-4950 5322.
We will be interviewing suitable candidates as soon as they are identified and may fill the role prior to this date. We therefore request that you make your application for this role as soon as possible.
Umwelt are wholly managing this process and applications from third party recruiters will not be accepted.