Umwelt has conducted numerous environmental audits for a variety of industries, including due diligence audits, operational environmental management and statutory/compliance audits. Audits have included mining, energy generation, pulp and paper mill and chemical industries. In addition, we have conducted numerous audits for the public sector including major road and rail infrastructure construction and the education sector. In addition, we have completed corporate audits of environmental management systems and project strategies for major developments.
Our auditing experience includes the following:
- statutory compliance audits against development consent project approval requirements;
- internal site compliance audits of development consents, Environment Protection Licences, mining leases and other approvals;
- environmental management systems audits;
- due diligence environmental audits on behalf of prospective purchasers associated with pre-sale investigations;
- audits of the environmental performance of construction activities for major infrastructure projects; and
- auditing of a number of site operational aspects including mine rehabilitation practice and performance, pipeline installation and management and site hydrocarbon management.
Our team of Quality Society of Australasia accredited auditors is personable and professional. Our audit reports are thorough, comprehensive and concise. Audit reports highlight priority actions to facilitate improved environmental performance.
We understand that there is a trend towards an increasing number of audits, both statutory and as a result of corporate requirements, and that this can be onerous and time consuming. In our approach to auditing we aim to work co-operatively with our clients to make conduct of the audit process as efficient as possible.