Umwelt offers the experience and insight gained from more than 5000 projects.
Umwelt’s growth and success is attributable to one key factor – our people! We invest highly in professional development and allow the opportunity for each employee to provide feedback in the direction of our business.
As experts in a variety of environmental disciplines, we are committed to collaborate in a workplace enabling inspired, innovative and cutting-edge solutions.
We have an excellent track record for successfully managing complex multidisciplinary and specialist studies for major strategic and development projects.
Although we have grown considerably over the last few years, Umwelt prides itself on the fact that we have been able to maintain a “small company feel” as well as a very positive and cooperative culture amongst our employees.
The advantage of choosing a career with Umwelt is best summarised by the feedback received at a recent staff development day:
- high ethics / morals / standards;
- diversity of work both in scale and complexity;
- good reputation;
- flexible work conditions;
- work opportunities at regional, state, national and international levels;
- supportive and friendly environment;
- good staff interaction at social events and use of on-site gym facilities;
- considerate leave entitlements (including parental leave); and
- access to Company Directors.
Position Title: Senior Water Resources Engineer
A great opportunity for an experienced Senior Environmental Engineer to be a key part of our Water Engineering team.
- Vibrant team culture
- Strong organisational values
- Project diversity
- Dynamic and highly skilled team
- Employee ownership opportunities
About the role:
Working as part of our Water Engineering Team the principle tasks of this position are to manage, coordinate and provide support in regard to the application of, and input into, water engineering and environment studies and investigations undertaken by Umwelt. This includes undertaking both technical and project management roles in regard to water resource engineering projects.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic experienced Senior Engineer who has:
- Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Previous relevant working experience (3-8 years).
- Experience in undertaking both technical and project management roles in accordance with quality management systems and legislations.
- Experience supporting water resources engineering projects, typically including:
- flood studies (both one and two-dimensional flood modelling);
- surface water impact assessments
- water quality assessments;
- water management system strategies and concept designs;
- water balance assessments;
- drainage design and surface water diversions.
- Preparation of reports and documentation detailing results of studies
- Preparation of proposals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with a range of stakeholders including clients and government agencies
- A team player who is organised, motivated and self-directed.
What we offer:
- A genuine career role for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Engineer looking to continue to develop their leadership skills and experience
- A role working alongside well-recognised professionals
- Opportunity to work across a range of sectors on diverse and technically challenging projects
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee ownership opportunities
- An attractive remuneration package.
We are a leading environmental and social consultancy committed to delivering high-quality services, tailored to the needs of our regional, national and international clients. Our highly skilled team works across Australia in sectors including resources, Defence, infrastructure, mining, industry and renewables. To learn more about what we do go to www.umwelt.com.au
Our people are our number one asset and we are committed to providing a workplace that supports our team to grow.
If you believe you meet the criteria apply via emailing your application to Bianca Lockett via firstname.lastname@example.org . Your application should include a Covering Letter addressing how you meet the above essential criteria and your CV outlining your previous experience.
To discuss the role and/or the organisation you can contact Umwelt on (02) 4950 5322.
We will be interviewing suitable candidates as soon as they are identified. We, therefore, request that you make your application for this role as soon as possible.
Umwelt are wholly managing this process and applications from third party recruiters will not be accepted.