Umwelt offers the experience and insight gained from more than 5000 projects.
Umwelt’s growth and success is attributable to one key factor – our people! We invest highly in professional development and allow the opportunity for each employee to provide feedback in the direction of our business.
As experts in a variety of environmental disciplines, we are committed to collaborate in a workplace enabling inspired, innovative and cutting-edge solutions.
We have an excellent track record for successfully managing complex multidisciplinary and specialist studies for major strategic and development projects.
Although we have grown considerably over the last few years, Umwelt prides itself on the fact that we have been able to maintain a “small company feel” as well as a very positive and cooperative culture amongst our employees.
The advantage of choosing a career with Umwelt is best summarised by the feedback received at a recent staff development day:
- high ethics / morals / standards;
- diversity of work both in scale and complexity;
- good reputation;
- flexible work conditions;
- work opportunities at regional, state, national and international levels;
- supportive and friendly environment;
- good staff interaction at social events and use of on-site gym facilities;
- considerate leave entitlements (including parental leave); and
- access to Company Director.
Position Title: IT Support Officer
Location: Newcastle, NSW
Due to continued growth within our business, we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic IT generalist to join or team.
- National environmental and social consulting service provider
- One of Australia’s largest employee-owned environmental consultancies
- Vibrant team culture
- Strong organisational values
- Opportunity to work with highly skilled team members
- Dynamic employee benefits
About the role:
Our team is expanding in response to growing opportunity and demand, and we are seeking an enthusiastic IT Support Officer with a strong desire to work with and support a diverse range of specialists. You will work with a range of cutting-edge technologies as well as legacy systems, used by a range of specialists located locally and nationally.
We are looking for an enthusiastic IT Support Officer experience to work with our systems architect, vendors and support partners to deliver stable best fit technology solutions to our staff. You will be a generalist IT professional with strengths and skills including:
- Sound understanding of Information systems administration tasks and responsibilities
- 3 plus years of experience in a support or generalist IT role
- Demonstrated understanding with Microsoft platforms and tools including
- Microsoft 365 and Azure services
- Microsoft Server platforms, Hyper-V, and AD domains
- Windows desktop provisioning, application packaging and package deployment
- Competency in PowerShell scripting for administrative requirements, as well as related Microsoft365 automation tools
- SharePoint knowledge and experience, with development experience highly regarded
- Knowledge and experience with networking including switching, IP routing, and enterprise wireless
- Highly motivated with a quality focus and customer focus
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Procurement and hardware rollout
- Experience in supporting remote staff
- Ability to work with a range of stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes for all Umwelt staff.
- Ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure without compromising on quality.
- Proven ability to work with initiative and minimal supervision.
- A professional and mature approach to work.
Umwelt is a leading environmental and social consultancy that is committed to delivering high quality services, tailored to the needs of our regional, national and international clients. Our people are our number one asset, and we are committed to providing a workplace that supports our team to grow. Our team works across Australia with key sectors including government, resources, renewables, Defence, infrastructure, urban development and conservation. Our team has the experience and expertise to deliver, and we are keen to make a difference for our clients. To learn more about what we do go to: www.umwelt.com.au
What we offer:
- A role working alongside a highly skilled systems architect that can support you to grow and develop professionally.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Established and well considered wellbeing tools and initiatives
- Dynamic employee benefits
- A competitive salary based on skills and experience.
If you believe you meet the criteria apply via SEEK. Your application should include a Covering Letter addressing how you meet the above essential criteria and your CV outlining your previous experience.
Applications close 18 June 2021; however, we will be interviewing suitable candidates as soon as they are identified and may fill the role prior to this date. We therefore request that you make your application for this role as soon as possible.
To be eligible for this position you must have legal work rights to work in Australia.
Umwelt is wholly managing this process and applications from third party recruiters will not be accepted.